Official Documents - European Union
- 2012, July 23: EU Council adopted Decision 2012/422/CFSP, “in support of a process leading to the establishment of a zone free of nuclear weapons and all other weapons of mass destruction in the Middle East”, and decided to provide a follow-up Conference to the 2011 Seminar.
- 2011, October 17: Catherine Ashton, High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, welcomed the UN Secretary General nomination of Facilitator Jaakko Laajava and Finland as host government for the 2012 Conference.
- 2011, July 6-7: EU Seminar held in Brussels to “Promote confidence building and in support of a process aimed at establishing a zone free of WMD and means of delivery in the Middle East”.
- 2010, December 13: EU Council adopted Decision 2010/799/CFSP, , “in support of a process of confidence building leading to the establishment of a zone free of WMD and their means of delivery in the Middle East, and in support of the implementation of the EU Strategy against Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction”. The Decision included the organization of a follow-up event related to the 2008 EU Seminar on “Middle East Security, WMD Non-Proliferation and Disarmament”.
- 2010, July 26: EU Council Decision 2010/430/CFSP established a European Network of independent non-proliferation think tanks (EU Non-proliferation Consortium), in support of the implementation of the EU Strategy against Proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- 2008, December 8-9: Council endorsement of "New lines for action by the European Union in combating the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and their delivery systems".
- 2008, July 13: Joint Declaration of the Paris Summit for the Mediterranean.
- 2003, December 12: Adoption by the EU Council of the EU Strategy against proliferation of Weapons of Mass Destruction.
- 1995, November 27-28: Barcelona Declaration adopted at the Euro-Mediterranean Conference, , establishing a multilateral cooperation between EU Member States and 12 Mediterranean non-member countries (Algeria, Cyprus, Egypt, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Malta, Morocco, the Palestinian Authority, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey).