Focus – Non-Conventional Terrorism (January-February 2015)
Overview of the latest EU official documents, publications of the Consortium and publications from the network regarding the struggle against non-conventional terrorism
“The terrorist acts carried out today in Paris are deeply shocking.
Freedom of the press is a fundamental right and we will not let these attacks undermine our values.
I express my full solidarity with France, the victims and their relatives. The European Union stands with them.
The fight against terrorism, in all its forms, is regularly at the heart of the work of the meetings of Foreign Ministers. These tragic events strengthen my determination in this direction, and I will put this item on the agenda of the next Foreign Affairs Council, on 19 January.
The EU remains united in the fight against all extremism.”
Statement by High Representative/Vice-President Federica Mogherini
on the terrorist attack in Paris, 7 January 2015
- Europe's future security challenges, Brussels, 20 June 2014
- The final implementation report of the EU Internal Security Strategy 2010-2014, EU Commission, Brussels, 20 June 2014
- Communication from the Commission to the European parliament, the Council, the European Economic and Social Committee and the Committee of the regions on a new EU approach to the detection and mitigation of CBRN-E risks, EU Commission, Brussels, 5 May 2014
- EU efforts to strengthen nuclear security, Joint staff working document - SWD (2014) 107 final, March 13, 2014
- Draft Council conclusions on the new CBRNE Agenda, Council of the EU, Brussels, 29 November 2012
- Progress report of the implementation of the EU CBRN Action Plan, EE Commission, Brussels, May 2012
- CBRN Glossary, EU Commission, Brussels
- Report on the EU Action Plan on combating terrorism, Council of the EU, Brussels, 17 January 2011
- The EU Internal Security Strategy in Action: Five steps towards a more secure Europe, Brussels, 2010
- Commuication from the Commission to the European Parliament and the Council on Strengthening Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear Security in the European Union – an EU CBRN Action Plan, Brussels, 24 June 2009
- EU CBRN Action Plan, Council of the EU, Brussels, 12 November 2009
- European Programme for Critical Infrastructure Protection, EU Commission, 12 December 2006
- The EU Counter-Terrorism Strategy, Coucil of the EU, 30 November 2005
Publications of the Consortium
- Security assessment in North Africa : Tracking the flow of conventional weapons to State and non-State actors in the MENA region, Ali Arbia, Third Consultative Meeting of the EU Non-Proliferation Consortium, Brussels, 3 November 2014
- Nuclear security, EU Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Conference 2014, Special session, 5 September, 2014, Bussels
- Nuclear Trafficking Issues in the Black Sea Region , Lyudmila Zaitseva, Friedrich Steinhausler, NP paper No.39, April 2014, 24p.
- The role of the European Union in strengthening nuclear security , Ian Anthony, NP paper No.32, November 2013, 16p.
- The Role of the European Union Delivering Resolution 1540 Implementation Assistance , Lina Grip, NP paper, No. 22, October 2012, 18p.
Publications from the network
- Radiological Source Security, Insurance and Liability Issues, workshop organized by the CSSS and the CNS, London, June 12, 2014
- Nuclear Security Briefing Book, 2014 Edition, CSSS – King’s College London, 176p.
- The Importance Of Securing Industrial Control Systems Of Critical Infrastructures, Sandro Bologna, Alessandro Fasani, Maurizio Martellini, April 2013, 20p.
- The Nuclear Security Summit 2014: challenges and opportunities, Wilton Park Conference report, March 2013, 7p.
- “Managing the Consequences of Nuclear Terrorism”, Jasper Pandza, in Survival: Global Politics and Strategy, vol. 53, no. 5, October-November 2011, pp. 129-142
- A Possible International Regime to Cover Radiological Materials, Benjamin Hautecouverture, CESIM Research Paper, ICNND, October 2009