/*page title*/ $title="The EU Non-Proliferation Consortium - Focus";?>
require_once $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'] . "/includes/config.php";
European Support for the CTBT (December 2013)
Overview of the latest EU official documents, publications of the Consortium, and publications from the network regarding the European support for the universalisation of the CTBT and its verification regime
"In order to promote the universalisation of the Treaty, the European Union has carried out a number of demarches in those States whose signing and ratification are indispensable
for the entry into force of the Treaty. We have supported the aims of the CTBT by providing substantial voluntary contributions to the activities of the Preparatory Commission of
the CTBTO and its Provisional Technical Secretariat through five EU Council Decisions worth of over 15 Million Euros. The latest Council Decision, adopted in November 2012, contributes
to these activities 5.2 Million Euros for a period of 24 months. The implementation of this Council Decision is under way."
Statement delivered on behalf of the European Union
by H.E. Mr. Linas Linkevicius, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Lithuania,
on the occasion of the eighth Article XIV Conference
in support of the Entry-into-Force of the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty,
UN, New York, September 27, 2013
Publications of the Consortium
Latest publications from the network
- Partnering for a nuclear-safe world: the EU, its strategic partners and nuclear non-proliferation, Thomas Renard, Working paper 3, ESPO, October 2013, 32p.
- Ending Nuclear Testing: Waiting for the US Senate to Take the Lead, James Kearney, Des Browne, Hans Blix, Jeremy Greenstock, European Leadership Network, July 19, 2013
- Strengthening the European Union's Future Approach to WMD Non-proliferation, Ian Anthony and Lina Grip, SIPRI Policy Paper n°37, June 2013, 64 p.
- The Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty: the challenge of on-site inspections, Benjamin Hautecouverture, The Non-Proliferation Monthly, CESIM, No. 75, January 2013
- Traité sur l'interdiction complète des essais nucléaires : le défi des inspections sur place, Benjamin Hautecouverture, CESIM, n° 75, January 2013 (in French)
- A European Contribution to Non-Proliferation? The EU WMD Strategy at ten, Benjamin Kienzle, International Affairs 89: 5 (2013), pp. 1143-1159
- Verification in a Nuclear Weapon Free World, Andreas Persbo, 20 November 2012, 5p.
- Report of Pugwash Consultations on CTBT Entry into Force, Paolo Cotta-Ramusino and Ionno Butcher, Pugwash Conference on Science ans World Affairs, 2010, 14p.
- Putting the CTBT into practice, Malcolm Coxhead and David Jepsen , VERTIC Brief, No. 10, December 2009
- A New Look at the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty (CTBT), International Group on Global Security, CESIM, Clingendael Security Paper N°6, September 2008, 66p.
- Strengthening European Action on WMD Non-Proliferation and Disarmament: How can European Community Instruments Contribute?, SIPRI, PILOT Project, Interim Report, November 2005